Samsung Galaxy note 8 is a 2nd generation Tablet developed and marketed by Samsung Electronics in 2013. It’s an 8 inch Android based tablet. This was the first 8 inch tablet that Samsung launched.
The Specialty of this tablet is its size and the S-pen stylus. The 8 inch size is new for a tablet. But users take it easily. Almost like what people want to see or have in a Tablet.
It was looking like Samsung Galaxy note 8 was made to compete with the iPad mini. Samsung did very well in that case. The 8 inch size with 8 mm thickness is a very unique idea. Its also have the higher resolution WXGA screen, more robust chipset and of course the S-pen.
What is common in this Tablet is it used some parts from its previous products. It borrowed the 1,280 x 800 TFT display from Note 10.1. Also it uses the chrome accents, rear camera module, and its build remind of both Galaxy S III and Note II.
Samsung Galaxy note 8 key Features:
- 0″ 16M-color LCD capacitive touch screen of 800 x 1280 pixel resolution
- Android OS v4.1.2 with Touch Wiz launcher
- 6 GHz quad-core Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali-400MP GPU, 2GB of RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad chipset
- S Pen active stylus with deep system integration
- 5 MP wide-angle lens autofocus camera with face detection
- 720p HD video recording at 30fps
- 16/32/64GB internal storage, microSD slot
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n support
- GPS with A-GPS connectivity; GLONASS support, Digital compass
- Stereo Bluetooth v4.0
- microUSB port with USB host and TV-out (1080p) support, MHL, charging
- Accelerometer, gyroscope and proximity sensor
- Infrared port
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Very slim at only 8mm
- 3MP secondary video-call camera
- Document editor and file manager comes preinstalled
- Extremely rich video and audio codec support
- 4600 mAh battery
Pros and Cons:
- Solid build quality
- Very strong and reliable performance
- Pen can also used for tap the capacitive soft keys
- Vibrant display
- It’s uncommon to have a pen support with this size Tablet.
- Image and video recording quality not satisfying.
- Speakers at the bottom rather than front facing
- Low battery life
- No Fm radio, No NFC support.